Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September's Ipsy Bag


I love Ipsy! For almost 2 years now I have been a loyal Ipsy customer. Prior to joining Ipsy, I
was a member of a similar monthly subscription company, but found very quickly the variety and multiple travel size products that Ipsy brought to me monthly was so worth more than the 10 dollars I was paying. People ask me all the time what do you use all of those bags for? I use them all of the time. Instead of digging around in your purse for lip gloss, bobby pins or even an extra phone cord I can find them quickly in the right Ipsy bag!

I typically carry a tote bag for work, just throw a coordinating color Ipsy bag and I have my jump drives, ink pens and whatever else I may need for a meeting.




Yes, not every month you are going to simply love every single product they send (sometimes you just wish it was a different color.) I am still happy with my products, and this month's goodies are no exception.

First, I love the bag. The color is a great transition for fall and the little studs give it that little
extra edge.

I was super pumped for the Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Basic Instinct by Cailyn. While I am not familiar with this brand. I thought the light weight gloss was not too heavy and didn't have that sticky feel. The color is nice, a little more on the coral side once I put it on. But still a nice color leading into fall.

I typically enjoy the facial exfoliant scrubs that I get. Even though I am slightly over 30, I still
have oily acne causing skin. On a daily basis I usually use Clean and Clear Deep Action
Exfoliating Scrub. So when I tried Nourish Organic's Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser, the first thing I noticed was the shampoo like texture and smell. I actually had to double check and make sure this was a face cleanser. The smell was ok, and my skin does feel soft but I will mark this as ok and will keep in my travel bag.

It's always great to see an eyeshadow brush in my bag, and this month's dual tip will be a great addition to my brushes. I was actually needing one with a smaller tip crease brush so I am sure this brush will be added to my daily eye makeup routine.

Pacifica has always been a nice brand that Ipsy sends. The brow pencil was one of the best brow products I have ever used. So when I saw that I have received eye liner pencil in gun metal, I know will it will get a lot of use.

I have not had a chance to try Caviar's CC Cream Leave-In Hair Perfector. But I will say, it
smells just like old school Pantene, which is not a bad thing! I have naturally thick curly hair, with the top layer sometimes struggling to curl. So I am hoping this will be a nice heat protector and anti breakage for the days I straighten my hair, and won't leave my hair looking flat and greasy.

Overall, I am very happy with the Sept. Edition. Visit www.ipsy.com for more information about signing up for a subscription. 

No comments:

Post a Comment